Seed Certification Directorate
To ensure that seed certification services are efficiently and timely rendered to stakeholders so that farmers have access to quality seeds.
- I.To oversee field and seed inspections activities;
- II.To supervise seed sampling and testing activities;
- III.To issue guidelines and other requirements as regards to the authorization of seed inspectors, samplers, laboratories and analysts;
- IV.To charge fees for the services rendered;
- V.To ensure that revenue accruing from the fees or any other charges guarantees sustainable and quality services;
- VI.To train seed producers, seed inspectors and seed analysts;
- VII.To issue certificate for qualified seed lots ready for packaging and marketing;
- VIII.To oversee the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to the institute;
- IX.To ensure laboratory equipment are calibrated and maintained;
- X.To oversee report writing and records keeping;
- XI.To deal with seed growers and farmers complaints;
- XII.To oversee the quality assurance system recording to international requirements.
- XIII.To ensure proper implementation of quality declared seed system